8.3.11

Bachelor Pad: Take 2

Option one was well received, but a second choice has been requested. Fine by me, I had fun making a few minor tweaks to what may have been too much city for a boy living in the country. Again, all the items are from IKEA because when you're on a budget, it's all about using what's accessible. And if you're not into rummaging through antique shops or garage sailing and are looking for a quicker fix, then IKEA is probably the way to go.

Decorating is a process, and to some it is an intimidating one. But look at it as an opportunity to make your place somewhere you can't wait to come home to. I am constantly adding and subtracting based on my mood or things that inspire me, I like to think of the home as a sanctuary; an escape from the crazies of everyday life! 'Cuz there's a lot of 'em.

Back to the room! Although it is a little more difficult to find pieces that embody a more rustic aesthetic since IKEA is known for their contemporary furniture, it can be accomplished. With this look I was going for natural colors and played off the subjects of the black and white photos. My brother lives in Portland where there a beautiful tall trees, lush green forests, and clean flowing rivers....ahhh! Wish I was there.

Now keep in mind that this is a guy's apartment, so less is more. I basically just swapped color palettes, but it's amazing how that can totally shift the feeling of a room:


No comments:

Post a Comment