23.3.11

Maxi-mize

I want to start off by saying that every time I hear the word maxi when referencing a skirt, I think of something else that comes with 4 -wall protection against leaks and often features wings (too explicit?). It's not the best name, but I'm all about the maxi skirt right now. Wearing an outfit with more fabric while temperatures are climbing may seem a little counterintuitive, but there are many ways to make the maxi skirt your new spring time fave:


Free People
This outfit makes me want to throw out all the boring in my closet and go crazy with colors and prints, sometimes I think my style is way too safe.

Ella Moss
Same silhouettes, but totally different looks.
I really love the simplicity of this look and the pop in the colorful sandals. When working with a plain maxi skirt, try looking at it like your favorite pair of jeans that go with everything and your possibilities will be endless.

ASOS



I picked this one up last weekend from New York and Company (Honestly, some of my best finds are when I'm tagging along with my mom to her favorite stores). This skirt was such a steal at under $30. When trying out new looks, I often go the cheap route in case I end up never actually removing myself from my jeans and flats rut.

Forever 21
Another steal at under $30. Love this print from top to bottom. The length is a little shorter than your standard maxi, but a great way to show of your cute wedges!




No comments:

Post a Comment