16.3.11

Outdoor to Indoor

The other day my boyfriend and I had a minor disagreement about indoor plants...things could be worse, right? While he thinks they are a necessary element that add so much to a room and are reminiscent of the house he grew up in, my mind immediately floods with images of tacky, overgrown vegetation taking over a stuffy house where they use the word "parlor" for the living room in which their furniture is under preservation in plastic casings. The Little Shop of Horrors theme song rings in my ears. He was even resistant to my simple, mathematical logic under the transitive property (the only thing I picked up from math class); plants=dirt, dirt=bugs, plants=bugs, all of which belong outside.

Now, I like to be open to things and a little succulent here and there can be cute, so I did a little research and realized that when done right and in good taste...indoor plants CAN be quite nice. Let's not get carried away though, we still aren't going to be hanging anything from the ceiling. But, here are a few ideas I got from Sanctuary:


Great addition to an otherwise lonely windowsill.

Ok, I could see myself having fun picking out some awesome vintage pots.

Love the idea of a fresh herb garden in the kitchen.

Barely inside is good ;)

When kept to a minimum, small plants can be a great addition, especially as a breath of life in the dead of winter. But less is definitely more!






Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment